Sunday, December 15, 2013

Benefit Gimme Brow - Review

Benefit's Gimme Brow is a tinted brush-on fiber gel that adheres to skin and hair.

I was intrigued by the fact that it promises to give fuller looking brows because my eyebrows are very sparse. I always have to fill them in and it can be very nerve-racking especially if you have to leave the house early in the morning. So I have tried a lot of different brow products and always hope to find a product that works fast and easy because honestly most of the time I'm crap at filling in my brows (you know what I mean if you have read my Beauty Things I Suck at Tag).

It claims to be waterproof and longwearing and I can agree with that. It does stay on from when I apply it in the morning until I remove my makeup at night. Also it holds them in place like a brow gel. I also love that this is faster than filling your eyebrows in with powder or a pencil and it also gives a more natural finish than a pencil or a powder would. It makes my eyebrows look fuller and darker and it fills in some patchy areas. But it doesn't do anything for the overall size and shape. On the days where I'm not happy with the shape of my eyebrows, I start out by shaping them with a pencil and finish them off with Gimme Brow. 

The only downside is that it only comes in two shades - light/medium and medium/deep. The medium/deep shades is perfect for me but if you have very fair, very dark or red eyebrows, neither of those two shades will probably work for you. 




no brow gel

with Gimme Brow


Gimme Brow von Benefit ist ein innovatives Gel, das Mikrofasern enthält, die an Haut und Härchen haften bleiben und so kleine Lücken verschwinden lässt. 

Gimme Brow habe ich mir gekauft, weil ich neugierig war, wie die Mikrofasertechnik funktioniert und ich wissen wollte, ob es die Augenbrauen wirklich auffüllt. Meine Augenbrauen sind ein leidiges Thema für mich, da ich nur wenig Härchen habe und meine Augenbrauen dadurch teilweise sehr löchrig aussehen. So muss ich mir jeden Morgen meine Augenbrauen auffüllen und das kann ganz schön nervtötend sein, wenn es dann mal nicht so wird, wie ich es mir wünsche. Ich habe schon einige verschiedene Produkte für Augenbrauen ausprobiert - immer mit der Hoffnung etwas zu finden, das schnell und einfach ist. 

Gimme Brow ist wasserfest und langanhaltend. Wenn ich es morgens auftrage hält es den ganzen Tag bis ich abends mein Make Up entfern. Da es ein Gel ist, bleibt auch alles den Tag über in Form. Was mir an diesem Produkt am besten gefällt ist, dass es viel schneller ist als ein Augenbrauenstift oder -puder. Zudem sieht es auch natürlicher aus, als wenn die Brauen mit einem Stift oder Puder nachgezogen werden. Wenn ich meine Augenbrauen etwas in Form bringen möchte, ziehe ich sie schon mal mit einem Stift nach und fülle Sie dann mit Gimme Brow aus. 

Der einzige Nachteil ist, dass es nur zwei verschiedene Nuancen gibt - light/medium and medium/deep. Ich habe medium/deep und dieser Farbton passt auch sehr gut, nur bei roten, sehr hellen oder sehr dunkeln Haaren, kann es sein, dass keine der beiden Nuancen passend ist. 


This is the first post that I decided to write in English and in German as it was a request from my little sister. I'm thinking about keeping this structure in future posts. 


XOXO Amelie


15 comments:

  1. Great review I saw that product on one of the shopping network on tv and was skeptical now you convince me to buy it. Awesome tutorial Happy Sunday.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I only can recommend it to you. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  2. great product.
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely a great product!

      Delete
  3. Great review! Sounds like an amazing product that I have to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how you like it.

      Delete
  4. Hey,

    quite useful blog.. new folllower following u via GFC and G+, care to folow back

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and thank you for following!

      Delete
  5. wow those eyebrow mascara looks so good, gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this, it looks like the perfect product for me!
    I just followed your blog on bloglovin and GFC!

    Much love xxx

    http://christinanista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful product. Great blog by the way.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...